Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct is a guide to all EerieCon convention members. Its mission is to ensure that the behavior of one individual does not adversely affect the rest of the members. All members are encouraged to read this Code and ask questions as needed.
EerieCon is prepared to deal with any violations of the code as rapidly as possible. We hope that all members of EerieCon respect the rights of other attendees and make it an enjoyable experience for everyone. Failure to adhere to the Code of Conduct may result in:
- Mediation between all parties involved
- Verbal warnings
- Turning the individual in to hotel security
- Revocation of membership and ejection from EerieCon
- Contacting local law enforcement
EerieCon reserves the right to revoke membership and eject any individual from Eeriecon. No refunds will be provided.
- Personal Interaction:
- We ask that you respect others so that everyone is comfortable and feels safe at EerieCon. Harassment of others will not be tolerated.
- If someone asks you to leave them alone or tells you no, walk away and do not approach them again. There is no reason for you to have any further interaction with them.
- Discrimination of any sort is not tolerated.
- If you feel that you have been harassed or discriminated against:
- Tell the individual that their behavior is inappropriate.
- If telling them once does not work or you feel uncomfortable talking to them, please report the situation to an EerieCon staff member or to the Dorsai Security. If possible provide a badge name or number and a description of the person involved.
- Please keep in mind that unless an incident has been reported, nothing can be done.
- ID Badges:
- Your badge identifies you as a member and gets you into all the convention activities. You are required to wear it at all EerieCon sponsored activities. If you lose it, not only do you become one of them but also you must purchase a new one. So don’t lose it! Do not share your badge with anyone.
- Room Parties:
- EerieCon allows our attendees to host parties in their own rooms on Friday and Saturday night. However, as we will not occupy the entire hotel, no parties will be allowed outside of the designated room party area — including ‘closed door’ or ‘private’ parties.
- To arrange for your room to be placed in the designated area, you must register your room party with the convention. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name on Room Reservation
- Reservation Number
- Party Name
- Day(s) the party will run
- Please do not post any signs for your party in the public areas of the hotel (e.g. lobby, elevators, hallways). Signs may be posted in convention space (e.g. con suite, function rooms).
- The legal drinking age in New York State is 21. If you wish to drink at con parties or in the Con Suite, you must be prepared to show proof of age. Illegal drugs are, well, illegal. Don’t use them at this convention.
- Weapons must be peace-bonded at all times except for the contestants during the masquerade. Please use common sense.
- Please do not post anything in the hotel without the permission of Big Brother (or Big Sister).
EerieCon reserves the right to amend the code of conduct at any time without prior or posted notice and reserves the sole right of interpretation. The preceding rules are not all inclusive and each incident will be judged individually. Any action or behavior that is illegal, unsafe, causes significant interference with convention operations, excessive discomfort to members or adversely affects EerieCon is strictly forbidden.